Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Year in Music

As I've said before, I define stages of my life through music. I honestly don't know what I would do without music - it's a definite passion of mine. So rather than reflect on everything that I've been through this year - there's just way too much - I thought I'd look back on what albums I listened to throughout the year

January
Dashboard Confessional - The Shade of Poison Trees (specifically, Tonight I'll Take What I Can Get)
Boys Like Girls - Boys Like Girls (Five Minutes to Midnight is quite excellent, but I rocked out to the whole album)
February
Holiday Parade - This Is My Year EP (Driving Away. SO GOOD.)
Matt Nathanson - Some Mad Hope (Come On Get Higher)
March
Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism (Sound of Settling, but they're all amazing)
The Spill Canvas - No Really, I'm Fine (The Truth Is, All Over You, but the whole album is incredible)
April
Death Cab For Cutie - Plans (They're all so good, especially Soul Meets Body, Crooked Teeth, A Lack of Color, I Will Follow You Into the Dark, Marching Bands of Manhattan...)
Joshua Radin - We Were Here (Closer, Star Mile)
May
Punk Goes 90's/Pop/Crunk - So many random songs that are incredible
Dashboard Confessional - So Impossible EP (This EP can only be enjoyed when listening to all four songs in order, since it tells a story, sort of.)
June
Death Cab For Cutie - Narrow Stairs (Long Division, Pity and Fear)
Jack Johnson - Sleep Through the Static (All At Once, If I Had Eyes, What You Thought You Need)
July
Relient K - The Birds and the B-Sides (All of it is so good)
Motion City Soundtrack - Commit This To Memory (Attractive Today)
August
Jack's Mannequin - The Ghost Overground EP (The Resolution)
Any/all music that was played at Camp Balcones Springs at any point in the summer
September
Jack's Mannequin - In Valleys EP (Cell Phone)
Jason Mraz - We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things (I'm Yours)
October
Jon McLaughlin - Beating My Heart (so good)
Kevin Rudolf & Lil Wayne - Let It Rock
November
The Academy Is... - Fast Times at Barrington High (About a Girl, Paper Chase, Coppertone, the entire album is incredible)
Citizen Cope - The Clarence Greenwood Recordings (Son's Gonna Rise, featuring Carlos Santana)
Any/all music played during all events surrounding the club tennis tournament in Harlingen
December
COLDPLAY. anything and everything coldplay. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
High school favorites discovered on my old computer (such as Bones, by The Killers)

I can only hope 2009 has just as many incredible musical moments.

No comments: