Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring has Sprung...

I am definitely glad that spring is here. I thoroughly enjoy the warm weather (believe it or not, it does get slightly cold in San Antonio from time to time). I also love daylight savings time, because I love being outside and the longer it is sunny, the better. However, the one thing I do not like about this time of year is the work that the teachers decide to pile on. The past few weeks have been a blur of papers, tests, and endless reading. I might not have made it if it weren't for spring break a couple weeks ago. I slept so much, and when I wasn't sleeping I was cooking. I accomplished no homework and it felt wonderful. I even went to Austin for a day with my mom. But now that I've had a taste of freedom, holding on in school for another month and a half is going to be very difficult. The light at the end of the tunnel is so extremely bright that I just want to run for it! As soon as I take my last final, I'm packing up my car and unloading it at my grandmother's house in Austin. Two days later, my mom, grandmother, cousin, and our friend Cindi are leaving Austin for Croatia. It's probably going to be the most random trip I've ever been on, but I can't wait. We're getting back from Croatia on a Sunday morning and that very next Monday is when I have to be at Camp Balcones Springs for work week. So my mom and Cindi will be dropping me off on their way back to Midland and I will be reunited (even if I'm extremely jet-lagged, which I probably will be) with some of my favorite people! Ahhh...it feels so far away.

No comments: